I’ll take the high road….
The capital letter ‘Y’ reminded me of a path that breaks into two separate paths…. a situation we face every day – in fact, every moment of our lives.
Keeping it simple, let’s just look at this from 10,000 feet so that we don’t slip too deeply into quantum physics, philosphy and theology.
Every day we make a lot of decisions (thousands) that will determine where we will be….let’s say, one year from now. An example could be as simple as
“Do I go to work today?”
I’m sure that you can think of the reprecussions that this decision could have, but let’s just imagine that I chose not to go to work one day and now I’m looking back on that decision one year later.
DISCLAIMER: I’m not endorsing skipping work to check your email and catch up on facebook. This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are products of the author’s imagination. Do not try this at home. 🙂
- I choose not to go to work.
- I decided to go online and check my email
- I saw an email from an old friend
- I responded and they got right back to me because they were off sick
- I encouraged them and inspired them in some way that was of great value to them
- They invited me to dinner
- I went to dinner with them and during dinner a business associate (who happened to be at the restaurant) came to the table and was interested in what I do
- The person offered me a new job doing what I love at twice what I was currently making
- I start the job tomorrow.
OK, so I know that this is fiction, and I know that there were thousands of decisions in between. Even so, I’m certain that if I were to conduct a survey that I would find that most people could trace their current circumstances (where they live, where they work, who they spend time with) down to a single or a few decisions that lead them to where the are now.
Everyday you make decisions that, in the moment, may seem insignificant, but can have a profound impact on your day, month, year and your experience of this a-MAZE-ing journey called ‘life’.
Living IN the moment without fear and in touch with you ….. – the REAL you with purpose and destiny – will influence the decisions you make and the life you live.
Living in reaction to the circumstances that life throws at you is allowing ‘fate’ to put you where others want you to be.
Choosing your path from a place of peace and purpose is our true calling and the way to reach our destiny.
Puzzle me this, puzzle me that….
Are you making even the small decisions in your life from a place of peace and purpose?
- If so, I commend you and would like to hear an example of how a seemingly simple decision played out in your life.
- If you aren’t able to consistenlty be in that place of peace and purpose, take a moment to imagine where you want to be and, starting right now, choose to make decisions that will take you one step closer to that place.
After all, would you prefer to suffer the fate that others want for you or would you prefer to enjoy the benefits of your destiny?